Organisational and occupational psychiatry is the subspecialty of psychiatry that focuses on work, its importance in the lives of individuals and work organisations.
Our productivity and work are invariably concordant with our psychological well-being
Mental health problems cost the UK economy around £15.1 billion per annum in workplace absenteeism and presenteeism (lost productivity while at work) accounts for 1.5 times as much loss again.
Aside from the economic burden, we know that workplace mental health problems cause distress to employees and their colleagues, impact on morale, and can lead to the loss of valuable trained staff.
Our Occupational Psychiatry team works with organisations and individuals providing a range of expert occupational support and advice.
Working with employees, line managers, Human Resources, and Occupational Health providers we provide:
- Comprehensive mental health assessments on employees
- Accurate diagnosis, prognosis, treatment advice & onward management
- Detailed reports focused on occupational functioning
- Holistic care which protects & support employees and their companies
- Advice to organisations on challenging employees
- Pre-recruitment / promotion psychometric assessment
- Organisational consultancy on psychological wellbeing programmes
To receive a free assessment, please fill in the form below.
Cognacity uses a cutting-edge risk management tool called Organisation Human Factor Benchmark (OHFB), which allows you to benchmark your company’s risk of stress, burnout and disengagement against established norms. The OHFB is supported by a predictive model that allows for the proactive management of risks for employees, teams and individuals. This allows targeted, evidence-based interventions to be implemented at both organisation or individual level.